Download a synopsis of the Deep Roots Project
The Leadership Retreat is an 8 day/7 night leadership intensive whereby youth will travel to Andalucia, Spain and visit the cities of Cordoba, Granada and the Alpujarras Mountains. There, they will undergo a profound experiential learning process where we will facilitate the growth of their Roots: Heritage, Sincerity, Self-Respect, Service and Vision. Click here for more on the Retreat and to Register.
THE DEEP ROOTS WORKSHOP
While at the Deep Roots Leadership Retreat, each participant will receive training and preparation for executing a Deep Roots Workshop upon their return home. The purpose of the Workshop is for participants who attend the Retreat to:
(1) Utilize the empowerment, leadership skills and inspiration gained at the retreat for service to others
(2) Strengthen fellow youth back at home by presenting one special way in which Muslims have contributed to their local society (e.g. running a food bank, participating in the Olympics, being a benefactor to a hospital, etc.) at the workshop and on social media platforms
(3) Reinforce their learning by sharing their reflections on the Retreat with others
(4) Learn the importance of marketing and social media in spreading a message and develop the skills to spread the word about their workshops
A YEAR OF SERVICE
After youth have successfully completed their Workshops according to the Deep Roots Requirements, they will be offered the opportunity to participate in a year of service in their home country under the guidance of a mentor. This will involve:
(1) Selecting one task to do on a weekly basis
(2) Discussing progress and challenges with their mentor on a monthly basis*
(3) Submitting a report on the Year of Service to the Deep Roots Project at the end of the year, including learning and character development
(4) Participating in the 2019 Deep Roots Leadership Summit
*Apply to be a mentor here.
THE DEEP ROOTS INTERNSHIP, 2019
After youth have successfully completed their Workshops and Year of Service, they will be offered the opportunity to do an internship with the Deep Roots Project where they learn more about Islamic history in Spain, assist with hosting tours and plan the Deep Roots Leadership Summit. Contact us for more details.
The DEEP ROOTS LEADERSHIP SUMMIT, AUGUST, 2019
After youth have successfully completed their Workshops and Year of Service, they will be offered the opportunity to participate in the Deep Roots Leadership Summit in 2019, where Deep Roots youth from around the world will gather to discuss their development, successes and struggles. Contact us for more details on the process and the Summit.